Children’s and Pregnant Women’s Medicaid programs are no cost health insurance, offering medical, dental and vision services.
Programs available for children from 0-19 years of age:
- Right from the Start (RSM) Medicaid
- Parent/Caretaker (LIM) Medicaid
- Pregnancy Medicaid
- Aged, Blind, Disabled Medicaid (Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Katie Beckett Deeming Waiver, New Options Waiver or Comprehensive Waiver)
Right from the Start and Parent/Caretaker Medicaid for Children
RSM and LIM Medicaid are no cost health insurance, offering medical, dental and vision services.
Eligible children must be a resident of Georgia, a US citizen or child of qualified immigrants who either have special immigration status as a refugee or have parents who have been permanent residents for a minimum of 5 years.
LIM, RSM Medicaid eligibility is based on household size and income. Our enrollment assistors can show you which health insurance program your family is eligible for. Please refer to our 2017 Income Eligibility Sheet.
What is needed to apply:
- Birth certificate (Georgia-born residents do not have to have a copy to apply)
- Form of Government-issued Photo ID: e.g. Driver’s License, Passport (US or foreign) State issued identification card, consular identification card.
- Social Security number for each child or proof that a card has been applied for.
- Income documents (for one month- i.e. one month’s worth of paystubs or Form 809 for cash-only income from one employer or Form 126 – 3 months for cash-only self-employed income
There are no out of pocket costs for covered benefits. .
Non-US Citizen Parents/Legal Guardians
Non-U.S. citizens who apply for Medicaid for their U.S.-born children do not have to prove citizenship, legal residency status or present a social security number. Applying for services does not trigger any action with USCIS Immigration Service.
Choosing a Health Plan
After a child is enrolled in LIM & RSM Medicaid, parents will receive an informational packet from Georgia Families. Parents will have a choice of three health plans through Care Management Organizations (CMOs): Peach State Health Plan, Amerigroup, and WellCare of Georgia. If no choice is made, the child will automatically be assigned to and enrolled in a plan. Parents need to check to see which health plan is accepted at their preferred doctor’s office.
Applications for enrollment take approximately 45 days. Call an enrollment assistor today for help, 912-661-3040!